After our recent YYC Taste + Tour, some of the lucky participants were able to relax and enjoy an excellent wine pairing dinner at Bridgette Bar.
The main course was one of the restaurant’s most popular dishes of lamb with chickpea panisse. These chickpea fritters were crispy on the outside yet fluffy inside, and everyone wanted to know how to make them!
Thanks so much to Executive Chef JP Pedhirney for sharing the recipe.
225 g chickpea flour
2 cups (500 mL) reduced chicken stock
2 cups (500 mL) water
½ tsp chopped garlic
1 Tbs (15 mL) good olive oil
1 tsp salt
- Purée all the ingredients in a Vitamix or blender until smooth.
- Add the puréed liquid into a medium saucepot over medium high heat. Whisk continuously until the mixture is very thick.
- Pour onto a baking tray lined with parchment, and spread evenly. Add a second piece of parchment over the top, then a second baking tray.
- Press down on the top with something heavy and leave to set in the refrigerator, overnight if possible.
- Once chilled and completely set, slice into pieces 2.5 x 7 cms.
- Lightly fry in vegetable oil in a nonstick frying pan on medium high heat, until browned on all sides.
- Place on a plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil, season with salt and serve.