Recipe courtesy of Darian Pestell
These zesty tacos are a wonderful way to breathe new life and excitement into a weekday staple. Yum!
1 Tbs (15 mL) olive oil
½ red onion
1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 cloves garlic
¼ cup (60 mL) coconut milk
2½ Tbs taco seasoning (aim for organic, MSG-free)
½ small red cabbage, finely chopped
2 cups black kale, stems removed, thinly sliced
4 Tbs (60 mL) fresh lime juice
¼ red onion, minced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Salt to taste
¾ cup (180 mL) plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbs (30 mL) fresh lime juice
¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sauté onion until transparent, about five to seven minutes.
- Add cauliflower and garlic. Mix in coconut milk and taco seasoning. Cook until cauliflower is soft, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Combine slaw ingredients and toss together in a large bowl. Let ingredients marinate for at least five to 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine ingredients for the crema and process until avocado is no longer chunky.
- Place slaw and taco filling on tortillas and top with crema.