This delicious cauliflower risotto makes for a great dinner for two!
1 head cauliflower
4 L water
2 Tbs (30 mL) olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup (60 mL) white wine
2 cups Arborio rice
- Break down cauliflower head. Place core and leaves in a medium pot, and fill with 4 L of water. Bring to a simmer.
- Break down half of the cauliflower head into small florets. Take the other half of the head and 1 L (4 cups) of cauliflower stock, and simmer until cauliflower is tender.
- Blitz in a blender until silky smooth. Store for later.
- Add olive oil to medium-sized saucepan. Sauté onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add cauliflower and Arborio rice. Sauté to coat everything in onions and garlic.
- Deglaze your pan with white wine. Add 1 cup (240 mL) cauliflower stock to pan. Stir for 10 seconds, and let rice cook.
- When it looks like the rice has absorbed the liquid, add another cup of stock. Repeat until your risotto is cooked to al dente.
- Add 1 cup of cauliflower puree to the risotto. It should look very creamy now. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with Parmesan cheese or white chocolate if you’re feeling adventurous!