Calgary’s Cilantro is 30 years old this year, and has a fresh new look to celebrate.
I’ve lost count of the times I’ve heard people wish they had the recipe for Lemon Conchigliette after devouring a bowl of it. Many thanks to Chef Lancelot Monteiro for sharing it with us.
250 g dried conchigliette pasta shells*
1/3 cup red onion, chopped
1 poblano pepper, julienned
1 tsp garlic, chopped
3 Tbs + 1 tsp (50 mL) dry white wine
1⁄2 cup (120 mL) heavy cream 35%
2 Tbs chèvre (soft goat cheese)
2 Tbs chopped fresh basil
To taste salt and pepper
1⁄2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- Boil the pasta until it's cooked al dente, cool and set aside.
- Sauté onion, pepper, and garlic on medium–high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add prawns and scallops, and continue to fry for an additional 3 minutes. Deglaze with the white wine and continue cooking until the wine is reduced by half.
- Add the cream and goat cheese, let simmer on low-medium heat for 5-8 minutes then add pasta shells and fresh chopped basil.
- Toss and heat just until the pasta is hot, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with Parmesan and serve.
(*) Cilantro makes their own conchigliette with lemon juice. Add 1Tbs of lemon zest at the end to achieve the same flavour.