Three cheers for the return of barbecue season! If your back deck is set-up and ready for sunshine then try cooking up this simple lamb skewers for dinner one night this spring.
12 1" cubes lamb
2 cloves garlic, mashed into a paste
2 Tbs rosemary, finely chopped
2 Tbs (30 mL) olive oil
4 shallots, peeled, halved
4 asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
12 fresh mint leaves
12 cubes feta, chopped
4 metal or wooden skewers
Drizzle of your favourite vinaigrette
- Season lamb with garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large sauté pan, add olive oil and cook lamb cubes over medium-high heat approximately 4 minutes per side, then reserve.
- In the same pan, sauté the shallots and asparagus, 2 to 3 minutes until just warmed through. Remove from pan.
- Start alternating the lamb cubes, mint leaves, shallots, feta and asparagus on the skewers until your 4 skewers are filled.
- Place mixed greens on your plate and drizzle with your favourite dressing. Lay your skewer (or two) across your greens.