Make these easy granola bars for your next hike!
2½ cups roasted nuts trail-mix
20 medjool dates
½ cup dried apricots
2 Tbs almond butter
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
3 tbs ground flax
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp sea salt
¼ cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350º F. Line an 8x8 baking tin with foil.
- Pulse the nuts and add to a medium bowl with coconut, flax, cinnamon, chocolate and salt.
- Pulse the dates and apricots in a food processor until they are pasty.
- Add the date mixture to the coconut mixture and mix together with your hands until fully incorporated. Scrape into the foil lined pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove from foil. Cut and wrap into individual servings and keep handy for a snack while you hike. Will keep for 1 - 2 weeks in the fridge.