Some restaurant dishes are absolute classics, like the rotisserie chicken at Notable, so we were thrilled to hear from a reader asking for the Greek salad recipe where it’s the star. Many thanks to chef Michael Noble for sharing his secrets with Culinaire!
photography by Ingrid Kuenzel.
2 large chicken breasts
1 bell pepper, deseeded and cut into large dice
1 large English cucumber, cut into large dice
8 cocktail tomatoes (golf ball size)
1/2 red onion, sliced into slivers
450 g mixed greens
200 g feta cheese
100 g shallot, minced
25 g garlic, minced
20 g parley leaves
160 g Kalamata olives
150 g grainy mustard
1 lemon, zested and juiced
¾ cup (180 mL) red wine vinegar
¾ cup (180 mL) tomato juice
1¼ cups (300 mL) vegetable oil
2 cups (500 mL) olive oil
- Grill chicken breast to 165º F, and once cooked allow to cool to room temperature. Pull the meat to bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, add all the rest of your ingredients except the feta cheese.
- Mix with enough of the dressing (instructions below) to coat the salad.
- Place in to a serving platter or into individual bowls and garnish with crumbled feta.
- Mix all the ingredients apart from the two oils in a food processer until smooth.
- Slowly incorporate oils into puree until combined.
- Let food processer run for 5 minutes to completely emulsify the dressing.