We received an email from a Calgary reader:
“I recently saw in your magazine that you could possibly find a recipe from a restaurant. Would you please try to find the recipe from Villa Firenze, the dish is called Vitello al Champagne. This is the best Italian food in Calgary, in our opinion. Thanks Karen B.”
We couldn’t resist this challenge, so we asked Villa Firenze if they would let us have the recipe, and they obliged.
Many thanks to Tony Nicastro for sharing it with us!
8 – 85 g veal cutlets
Salt and pepper
2 Tbs all purpose flour
1 Tbs (15 mL) olive oil
½ cup (120 mL) champagne
1 Tbs (15 mL) Dijon mustard
¾ cup (180 mL) whipping cream
- Season veal with salt and pepper on each side and dredge in flour
- Place olive oil in pan and preheat.
- Once the oil is hot cook the veal for 3 minutes on each side.
- Drain the oil from the pan and add champagne, mustard and whipping cream.
- Cook until the sauce thickens and pour over cooked veal.