Recipe courtesy of Jennifer Stang, La Boule Patisserie & Bakery
Try this delicious cardamom twist on a classic! If any of your madeleines don’t come out just right, just remember: a little icing or a dusting of icing sugar can go a long way towards hiding blemishes.
260 g flour
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cardamom
½ tsp ground ginger
7 g baking powder
212 g sugar
32 g brown sugar
¼ tsp salt
3 Tbs honey
2 tsp orange zest
Around five large eggs
260 g melted butter
- Sift flour, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and baking powder together.
- With a whisk, combine sugars, salt, honey, orange zest, and eggs until just incorporated.
- Fold flour mixture into egg mixture using a spatula. Fold in melted butter.
- Pipe or scoop batter into madeleine moulds until about three quarters full. Chill for at least an hour and a half.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Immediately remove from mould onto cooling rack.