Recipe courtesy of Jinnee Lu, Reinette Café & Patisserie
Some french desserts can feel fussy and unapproachable, but these mini raspberry almond cakes are a great place to start- light and moist with a crisp exterior, and packed with flavor.
3 egg whites
50 g almond flour
50 g flour
100 g icing sugar
100 g butter
Chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, almond flour, flour, and icing sugar. Mix until smooth.
- In a deep pot, heat butter, stirring occasionally until it turns brown. Be sure to use a deep pot as the butter will foam and may spill.
- Pour browned butter into egg white mixture. Mix well. Chill finished mixture in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375º F. Grease a muffin tin or mould, and spoon around 65 g in each. Add a raspberry (and some chocolate chips) on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.