This classic soup is the perfect way to use up all of those fresh tomatoes from your garden!
4 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
400 g Parmesan cheese
1 Kg fresh tomatoes
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 medium onion, diced
20 g basil
10 g fresh oregano
To taste, kosher salt
To taste, cracked black pepper
1 loaf Focaccia bread, cubed into croutons
- In a large pot bring vegetable broth to boil, lower the heat and add Parmesan. Let simmer.
- Blanch tomatoes and peel the skin off, then blend tomatoes in a blender.
- In a large pot, sauté garlic and onion in a little olive oil, until slightly brown
- Add blended tomatoes into the pot and cook 15 minutes.
- Add parmesan broth into the pot and let simmer another 15 minutes.
- Add basil and oregano, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- At the end, top off the soup with focaccia croutons.