Try Tzin Wine & Tapas' Paella for dinner tonight!
2 Tbs (30 mL) olive oil, plus extra for marinade
1 1/3 cup smoked Bomba rice
4 cups (1 L) broth (chicken, vegetable, or seafood)
½ white onion, small dice
1 clove garlic, minced
5 oven dried tomato wedges
10 marinated side stripe prawns
85 g B.C. Rockfish
225 g small Manila clams
To taste salt and pepper
Rouille, to garnish
Chopped green onion,
Hot smoked paprika, to garnish
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Clean prawns and marinate in reserved olive oil with salt and pepper.
- Coat the rockfish with salt. Let stand 10 minutes, then rinse. Cut into thin strips.
- Heat olive oil in a 10” paella pan over medium heat.
- Sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer. Lower heat and add rice.
- Stir the rice twice, and leave it to simmer for 15 minutes, or until broth is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Arrange the tomatoes, shrimp, and rockfish on top of the paella.
- Bake in 450° F oven for 5 – 10 minutes, or until shrimp and fish are cooked.
- Meanwhile, steam clams in a separate pan with white wine and butter.
- Once clams are cooked, arrange on top of the cooked paella.
- Garnish with rouille, green onion, and smoked paprika.
- Serve with a lemon wedge.