2 Tbs (30 mL) Tin Cup American Whiskey
2 Tbs (30 mL) apple cider vinegar
2 Tbs (30 mL) maple syrup
1 Tbs minced shallot
½ tip finely chopped fresh thyme
1 free-range egg yolk
¹/ ³ cup plus 2 Tbs (110 mL) grapeseed oil
200 g thinly sliced venison loin
2 heads watercress, clipped and washed
¼ cup pickled cherries, chopped
¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
100 g Sylvan Star Grizzly Gouda
To taste salt and pepper
- Combine the first 6 ingredients into a bowl, and whisk together.
- While whisking, slowly pour the oil into the bowl until incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper, then place into a squeeze bottle.
- Lay thinly sliced venison loin onto a plate or platter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle half of the bourbon dressing on top of the venison.
- Spread the watercress over top, and then sprinkle the cherries and pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle a bit more of the dressing over top. Then use a rasp to grate the gouda over top.