This summery salad is perfect for your next patio party. If you want, try grilling the prawns on the barbecue instead of in a frying pan.
1 large watermelon
½ cup (120 mL) Balkan yogurt
¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
1 Tbs (15 mL) lime juice
1 Tbs (15 mL) honey
450 g 21/25 prawns, peeled and deveined
1 Tbs (15 mL) rocoto or harrisa paste
1 cup mixed greens
1 Tbs Korean chili peppers
3 baby bell peppers, thinly sliced
Salt and olive oil
- Marinate the prawns with the rocoto pepper and reserve until needed, this can be made ahead of time.
- In a mixing bowl combine the yogurt, lime, honey, and fresh mint. Season with salt, mix well, and reserve in the fridge until needed.
- Cut the watermelon into 2.5 cm squares. Toss with the chili peppers and salt, and reserve until needed.
- In a frying pan at medium heat sauté the prawns with a bit of olive oil. Cook them until opaque, then remove from the heat and let them rest for a few minutes before plating them.
- To plate the salads, place some of the yogurt dressing on the bottom of the plate and put some watermelon and prawns on top. Garnish with some oiled and seasoned mix greens, fresh mint, and sliced baby bell peppers.