I don't trust people who prefer cakey brownies to fudgy ones. Brownies are supposed to be dense, chocolatey and decadent. This recipe delivers on that and is super easy to make at home. Plenty of melted butterand dark chocolate make these a treat you will want to sink your teeth into asap.
Photo by Ingrid Kuenzel
170g dark chocolate (I use 70 percent)
½ cup butter
½ cup each brown and white sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
½ tsp salt
½ cup all-purpose flour
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, sugars, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Gradually beat the melted butter/chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly to bring the eggs up to temperature. Add the flour and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into prepared dish. Sprinkle with the garnishes of your choice or just leave as is.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, although it could take more or less time depending on your oven. The brownies are done when they have set around the outsides but are still glossy and jiggle slightly in the middle.
- Cool, slice and enjoy!