1 clove garlic
1 small jalapeno, halved, seeds removed
½ cup fresh parsley leaves
½ cup fresh oregano
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 Tbs (15 mL) white wine vinegar
2 Tbs (30 mL) canola oil
To taste salt and pepper
1 Tbs (15 mL) canola oil
1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
6 cups chicken broth
1 cinnamon stick
2 red potatoes, diced
4 Swiss chard leaves, finely chopped
2 cups (300 g approx.) cooked pork shoulder, pulled
- Place all ingredients except oil in a food processor and pulse until a fine paste forms.
- Transfer to small bowl, add oil, stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper and set aside for now.
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add broth, cinnamon and potatoes and cook until potatoes are tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add Swiss chard, braised pork and allow to cook for another 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with a spoonful or two of the chimichurri sauce. Serve with grilled or toasted bread.