Local food and drink festival gaining traction in third year.
There’s nothing quite like a fantastic meal, fine wine and fresh mountain air. Now one of Alberta’s premier food and drink festivals, Canmore Uncorked features everything from a craft beer festival to progressive dinner tours.
Andrew Nickerson, president and CEO of Tourism CanmoreKananaskis, said while he was always confident the festival would be a success, he was amazed with just how quickly it actually took off.
“It’s really helped Canmore’s position as a culinary destination,” Nickerson said. “We have phenomenal dining here, and the province has really stood up and taken notice of that.”
Already an award-winning food and drink festival in just two short years, Nickerson said the event has also become a source of pride for residents of Canmore.
“With the sheer amount of quality of dining we do have in town, one of our goals is to get people into as many different places as possible,” he explained. “It’s given the locals a chance to get in and try a lot of restaurants they wouldn’t ordinarily have tried.”
Check out Canmore Uncorked’s amazing Culinary Symphony showcased above!
Here is a line-up of the festivities running April 6 – April 17, 2016:
- Wednesday, April 6: Launch Party
- Thursday, April 7: Long Table Dinner
- Friday, April 9: Whisky and Spirits Festival
- Saturday, April 9: Beer Festival
- Friday, April 15: The Culinary Symphony
- Saturday, April 16: Wine Festival
- Sunday, April 17: Big Brunch
- Running Tuesday, April 12 to Thursday, April 14: The Bistro Tour
- Running Sunday, April 10 to Thursday, April 14: Progressive Dinner Tours