Recipe by Mike French, The Embarcadero
2 Tbs oil (30 mL)
1 garlic clove
60 g onion, diced
85 g bell pepper (red and green), diced
170 g chicken breast, cubed
225 mL tomato sauce
60 g parmigiano cheese
750 g plain risotto
To taste salt and pepper
- In a pot, put in 6 cups (1½ L) of water and 750 g of risotto, and let boil. Don’t stir. When water is gone, put on cookie sheet to cool down.
- In a pan, put in oil with garlic clove, onion and bell pepper. Fry until they are soft.
- Add the cubed chicken and saute until it’s cooked.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper and the tomato sauce.
- Bring to a simmer then add 1½ cups of the cooked risotto and the parmigiano. Let cook for 5 min.
- Keep the rest of the cooked risotto in your fridge for up to 4 days and use for other dishes.