Recipe by Dan Clapson
1 Tbs (15 mL) canola oil
1 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 medium kohlrabi, peeled and diced
3 medium red potatoes, diced
1 Tbs yellow curry powder
5 cups (1.25 L) vegetable broth
1 cm piece ginger root, peeled
2 Tbs (30 mL) good quality maple syrup
1 Tbs (15 mL) tamari
To taste salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add diced kohlrabi, potatoes and curry powder, and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour broth into pot, along with bay leaf, ginger and chilli flakes and let come to a boil, reduce to medium heat and let cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Add maple syrup and tamari to the soup, and let cook for another 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Total cook time 40 minutes