Recipe by Laura Lushington
6 medium potatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion
1 Tbs (15 mL) oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
500g ground beef
¼ cup butter
1 can tomato soup
- Peel potatoes and place in water immediately. Rinse, then cut into quarters and place in pot of cold water. Bring potatoes and garlic to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Dice onion and then sauté in oil for three minutes. Add ground beef and continue to sauté until thoroughly cooked. Halfway through cooking, add ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper to meat.
- While beef is cooking, drain potatoes and mash with butter, 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- After beef is cooked, stir one can of tomato soup into pan and mix thoroughly.
- Spread beef into casserole dish and layer mashed potatoes on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350º F.