70 g caster sugar
½ cup + 3 Tbs (160 g) organic whole milk
160 g white chocolate
10 drops organic sweetener extract, vanilla
1 pinch of sea salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
6 g gelatin
1 Tbs hot water
130 g dark chocolate shavings, to garnish
½ cup (120 g) water
30 g gelatin
10 g marshmallow root powder
200 g egg white
½ cup powdered sugar
870 g sugar
1 cup + 4 tsp agave syrup
1 cup + 1 Tbs water
20 drops organic sweetener extract, vanilla
Pinch chili powder
2 pinches sea salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
- Line a 13 x 13” pan with parchment. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- To make the eggnog, whisk together sugar and eggs in a bowl.
- In heavy bottomed saucepan, heat milk on medium (if you have a thermometer, until 170º F).
- Pour milk slowly into egg mixture while gently whisking the eggs.
- Once combined, pour back into pan and simmer on low heat (it’s finished when egg mixture coats the back of a spoon).
- Remove from heat. Add white chocolate, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg.
- Melt gelatin in hot water, and add to eggnog mixture. Set aside to cool.
- Pour the water into mixer bowl. Add gelatin, marshmallow powder, and egg white. Set aside.
- To make syrup, place sugars, agave syrup, and 1 cup + 1 Tbs water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, and cook without stirring for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour syrup mixture into gelatin mixture. Whisk on low until combined.
- Increase speed to high, and beat until thick and fluffy or until mixture triples in volume, about 10 minutes.
- Add vanilla, chili powder, salt, and nutmeg. Beat until well combined.
- Using lightly oiled spatula, scrape half the marshmallow mixture the prepared pan and smooth evenly. Take half of the eggnog composition and spread evenly on the first marshmallow layer.