Violino Ristorante in Edmonton puts a savoury spin on the classics just like this fettuccine, and in this dish we can see how excellent ingredients and a bit of technique can make a little kitchen magic happen. This recipe scales up really easily, so it can be a crowd pleaser or a solo treat.
Boxed or fresh fettucine pasta (around 200 g)
Canola oil for cooking
1 Tbs garlic, chopped
1 Tbs shallots, chopped
140 g chicken, roasted and cut into cubes
1 Tbs (15 mL) white wine
1 Tbs mixed herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano), chopped
4 Tbs (60 mL) chicken stock
5 Tbs (75 mL) 35% heavy cream
2 Tbs (30 mL) béchamel sauce
½ Tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
1 Tbs unsalted butter
To taste salt and pepper
Micro Greens, for garnish
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat. Sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add chicken cubes, sauté well. Add white wine.
- Add fresh herbs, chicken stock, heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- When simmering, add béchamel sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- When the sauce starts boiling, add Parmesan cheese and butter.
- Cook pasta, and toss noodles in sauce. Garnish with more Parmesan and micro greens.