Recipe by David Rousseau, Ollia Macarons & Tea
photo by Ingrid Kuenzel
40 g almond flour
230 g icing sugar
140 g egg whites
250 g sliced almonds
50 g unsalted butter, melted
- Mix almond flour, icing sugar and egg whites together.
- Add sliced almonds and mix well.
- Add unsalted butter, previously melted. Mix well.
- Leave mix in fridge overnight or freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- Scoop mix and place on baking mat, using a fork to spread it thin. Wet the fork so the batter doesn’t stick. Add crushed nuts/dried fruits if needed.
- Bake in oven at 355º F for 4 minutes, then turn trays around and bake for another 3 minutes.
- For shapes, use a cookie cutter when they are baked and still lukewarm. Drizzle chocolate or dip in chocolate when they have cooled down.