3 cups (750 mL) water
6 dried hibiscus flowers (or hibiscus tea if you can’t find the flowers)
3 cups (750 mL) pomegranate juice
2 Tbs (30 mL) gin
3 Tbs (45 mL) sage simple syrup
Ginger beer to top
1 cup (240 mL) water
½ cup (120 mL) sugar
- Add water to a small pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the hibiscus flowers (or tea). Bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let cool.
- Remove flowers or tea bag. Refrigerate until cold.
- Add pomegranate juice, gin and simple syrup.
- When ready to serve - top with ginger beer and plenty of ice cubes.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil for 2 minutes, making sure all the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- If you would like to add the herbs in the recipes, add a sprig of rosemary or a few leaves of sage or mint to the pot. Remove before serving.