This beautiful roast lamb dish is perfect if you're entertaining a big group of friends and family over the Easter weekend. If you still need to fill a seat at your table, we're also happily accepting any last minute invitations. As long as the food is delicious, of course!
4 garlic cloves, mashed into a paste
3 white anchovies, roughly chopped
½ lemon, zest
1Tbs fresh thyme, roughly chopped
1½ Tbs fresh sage, roughly chopped
1 Tbs fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
4 Tbs fresh mint, roughly chopped
To taste salt and pepper
3.25 Kg leg of lamb, deboned
20 stalks asparagus, trimmed
2 cups (500 g) fresh or frozen, peas
10 shallots, peeled and halved
Drizzle of olive oil
- Combine the garlic, anchovies, lemon zest, thyme, sage, rosemary, mint, salt and pepper together.
- Massage herb mixture into the leg of lamb, then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Remove from fridge about 45 minutes before you put it in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place extra herbs, stalks of rosemary, thyme and sage along with a roughly chopped onion in the base of your roasting pan.
- Drizzle with vegetable oil. Place lamb on top and drizzle with more oil.
- Roast in oven for 18 minutes per 450 g of lamb. Remove and let rest.
- Roast asparagus, shallots and peas in oven while the lamb is resting, about 5 - 8 minutes.
- Serve lamb with your roasted vegetables and enjoy.