As the weather warms up, this is a perfect option to throw on the grill. If the weather isn’t cooperating, feel free to try this recipe on the stove top and finish it off in the oven for a fresh taste at any time of the year!
800 g – 1 Kg flank steak
To taste kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
3 limes, juiced
½ cup (125 mL) dark soya sauce
3 cm knob of fresh ginger, peeled and crushed
4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
½ bunch of cilantro, stems and all, chopped fine
1 tsp crushed red pepper flake
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place flank steak on a cutting board and poke holes in steak with a fork. Place in a non-reactive (Pyrex) dish and cover with marinade.
- Cover dish and place in the fridge for 24 hours, flipping the steak after about 12 hours.
- Remove steak from marinade and wipe off excess. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cook on grill over a high heat to medium rare, about 3 minutes per side. Rest steak for at least 10 minutes and slice thinly against the grain.