Recipe courtesy of Chef Joshua Stoddart at Sugo.
Photo by Ingrid Kuenzel
4 - 150g portions of Spring Salmon fillet
1 bulb of fennel
12 green onions
2 red peppers
12 button mushrooms
1 medium zucchini
- Season the salmon with olive oil, salt, and pepper then set aside to come to room temperature.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Cut the fennel into 4 pieces, leaving the root on to keep the bulb together. Remove the seeds and cut the peppers into large pieces. Cut the zucchini into 4 large pieces. Toss all the veggies into a large mixing bowl and season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cut the cucumber into small cubes and season with mint, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Set aside.
- To grill: Start with the fennel, place it on a cooler area of the grill and allow it to slowly cook. After 7 or 8 minutes, once the fennel has good colour on all sides and is beginning to soften, place the remaining veggies on the grill. Place the salmon, skin side down on the hottest part of the grill. Allow the salmon to cook ¾ of the way through on the skin side without touching it about 7 minutes. Carefully flip onto the flesh side and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the marinated cucumber and fresh lemon to accompany the salmon.