Recipe Courtesy LeVilla Chophouse
Photo by Ingrid Kuenzel
1 package baby arugula
1 small bottle of pomegranate juice
2-5 pieces of hanger steak (can be found at a good butcher shop, or you can substitute New York striploin)
2 Tbs butter, melted
Salt and pepper
2 Tbs flour
Extra virgin olive oil
Deep fryer or shallow pan with oil and thermometer
3 parts pomegranate juice
1 part sugar
- Season steak with salt and pepper while your grill heats up. Once hot, place your seasoned steaks on.
- While steak is grilling, place a few handfuls of arugula in a bowl. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Divide arugula onto two plates.
- Return to your steak and flip to the other side. Brush with melted butter.
- Cut pomegranate in half and remove seeds, add as many as you desire.
- Drizzle with pomegranate reduction and a squeeze of lemon.
- Once your steak is finished, remove from the grill and let it rest 5 minutes. Season once more and brush with butter.
- Slice the steak and place on top of arugula. Top with crispy fried shallots.
- Reduce in a pan by 2/3, or until it coats a spoon. Let cool
- Peel shallots and slice very thin, toss with flour, then shake off excess flour and place into pre-heated canola oil or deep fryer at 300º F for 1-3 mins. Remove and place on paper towel, set aside until you need them