The Irish Car Bomb, where a shot of Baileys Irish Cream is dropped into a glass of Guinness and Jameson Irish whiskey, may be a fan favourite but this float takes it to the next level.
Besides, Baileys ice cream may just be the best ice cream ever.
Photo by Kathy Jollimore
1 oz Jameson Irish whiskey
2 scoops Baileys Irish Cream ice cream (recipe below)
1 can Guinness
3 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
½ cup (120 mL) whole milk
½ cup (120 mL) heavy cream
½ cup (120 mL) Baileys
½ tsp vanilla
- Add the whiskey into a tall glass. Add the ice cream. Top with Guinness and serve immediately.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale in colour.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, cream, Baileys and vanilla, just until it starts steaming.
- Slowly whisk the hot liquid into the egg yolks. Return the mixture to the saucepan and heat gently, stirring continuously, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and pour into a shallow dish. Refrigerate until completely cool. 5. Pour into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s directions. Serve immediately or freeze until more firm.