1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
4 egg yolks
½ Tbs (7 mL) good quality vanilla (we recommend Madagascar vanilla)
2½ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 small jar raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (at least 2 minutes).
- Add egg yolks and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Add flour to butter and egg mixture and mix until the flour is completely combined.
- Roll tablespoon-sized amounts into round balls and place 2 inches apart on the sheet. With your thumb gently press down in the centre of each ball. Fill the centre of each cookie with raspberry jam (a piping bag works great here).
- Bake for 12–14 minutes or until the cookies are slightly browned around the edges.
- Cool and enjoy!
If you want to make them ahead of time, prepare the dough and freeze the thumb-printed dough balls. When you’re ready to bake pull them from the freezer, arrange on a cookie sheet, and fill them with jam.