Grapes Wine Bar at the Fairmont Banff Springs is celebrating 90 years! We love the charcuterie, artisan cheeses and freshly baked breads here, so we’re very pleased to be asked for the recipe for the truffle sticks. Many thanks to Chef J.W. Foster for sharing the recipe with us.
500 g bread flour
1 Tbs (17 g) instant yeast
1 Tbs salt
1¼ cups (300 mL) water
2 Tbs (30 mL) olive oil
1 portion (170 g) pizza dough as above
1 tsp (5 mL) truffle oil
50 g parmesan cheese, grated
To taste black pepper
To taste Italian seasoning
- Mix all ingredients together, and knead for about 10 minutes until a smooth, elastic dough is achieved.
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Flatten and stretch pizza dough into a 10 cm rectangle. Lightly pour over truffle oil, then sprinkle black pepper, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning over entire dough.
- Fold dough in half towards yourself using the friction of the table to seal the dough. Roll dough into a long stick, the length of your baking tray. While rolling the pizza dough into a stick, sprinkle parmesan cheese on the work surface, so that it will collect into the dough.
- Place on the prepared baking tray. Pour more truffle oil along the length of the stick as desired. Let rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350º F or until desired colour is reached.
If there’s a dish in a local restaurant that you’d love to know how to make, let us know and we’ll do our very best to track it down for you!