Photo and recipe by Natalie Findlay
¾ cup (375 mL) whipping cream
¾ cup (375 mL) coconut milk
300 mL condensed milk
100 mL fresh lime juice
40g toasted, shredded coconut
¼ fresh pineapple, cubed
- Line 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving a generous overhang. Add the toasted coconut on top of the plastic wrap.
- Using electric mixer, beat whipping cream and icing sugar in large bowl until soft peaks form. Refrigerate.
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk and condensed milk, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a stainless bowl over and ice bath and stir until cooled.
- Gently fold whipped cream into coconut milk mixture and pour into the loaf pan. Freeze until firm, 4 hours or overnight.
- Invert semiffreddo onto a serving platter and remove plastic wrap. Dip a large knife into hot water; cut semifreddo into thick slices. Transfer to plates and spoon pineapple alongside.