½ cup + 2 Tbs softened butter
½ cup + 2 Tbs icing sugar
1 egg yolk
½ tsp (2.5 mL) vanilla
1¾ cup pastry flour
250 g light cream cheese, softened
1 cup brown sugar
7 egg yolks
1 cup (240 mL) pumpkin puree
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 Tbs (30 mL) cognac
- Sift the icing sugar into the butter, and cream together until smooth. Add the egg yolk and vanilla, mixing until combined. Finally sift in the flour.
- Once it is fully incorporated, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour (shape it into a log, it will be easier to slice and roll later).
- After it has firmed up, slice it into 8 portions and roll each out to between 5 mm and 3 mm thick.
- Press the dough into each tart shell and dock the bottoms with a fork. Chill the dough again for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake at 325º F for about 15-18 minutes. Cool completely prior to filling.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Fill the cooled tart shells and bake at 325º F for 18-20 minutes or until the filling has set. Cool before removing the tartlets from the moulds. Refrigerate if you aren’t serving immediately. Sprinkle the tops with sugar and brûlée before serving.