Pumpkin Spice Rice Pudding
125 g arborio rice
1⅓ cups (325 mL) water
60 g brown sugar
5 g ground cinnamon
2.5 g ground ginger
150 g pumpkin puree
½ cup (125 mL) whole milk
1 vanilla bean
garnish candied pumpkin seeds
- In a medium saucepan combine water, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and vanilla bean. Place pot over medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated through. Reduce the heat to low and set aside.
- Place rice in a medium size pot over medium heat. Slowly add 1 cup (250 mL) of liquid at a time gently stirring until the liquid has been absorbed before adding the next.
- Add the pumpkin puree during the last addition of liquid. The whole process should take approximately 45 minutes, until the pudding is thick and creamy
- and the rice is tender with a slight bite.
- Spoon into serving bowls and garnish with candied pumpkin seeds.
- Note: If you can’t find arborio rice, you can make these recipes with medium or short-grain rice to some success, but it won’t be quite as memorable.