For this recipe, Sergio Turlione (chef and owner of Rigoletto’s Café in Edmonton) suggests using boxed pasta so you can get the noodles nicely al dente without them turning to mush. Here, simple ingredients are elevated in a dish that you will make time and time again.
20 cherry tomatoes
5 Tbs (75 mL) olive oil
Salt and pepper
226 g spicy salami
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
¼ cup (60 mL) dry white wine
¼ cup Kalamata olives
¼ cup capers, chopped
¼ cup parsley, chopped
Box of rigatoni pasta
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Put tomatoes on a baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for about 8 minutes, and then let cool.
- In a large sauté pan, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add salami. Cook for 30 seconds on each side, and then set aside.
- Return pan to heat. Add garlic and tomatoes, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add wine, and simmer for 3 minutes. Add olives and capers, and bring to a simmer. Add salami and parsley.
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the box. Drain and toss pasta in the pan with the sauce. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.