Recipe courtesy Roy Oh
1 cup sugar
1 cup soy
2 Tbs water
2 Tbs gochugaru (Korean chili flakes)
2 thai chilis minced
2 Tbs garlic minced
1.5 lbs sablefish fillet
1 zucchini sliced
1 onion julliene
4 medium red potatoes, ¼” sliced
1 small daikon, ¼” sliced
Garnish: chopped green onion, sesame seeds, steamed rice, Kimchi
- In a pot, heat sugar, soy and water till sugar is dissolved. Add rest of sauce ingredients and simmer for 5 mins. Cool.
- Heat a large pot on high (lid required). Lay the daikon slices down on the bottom, then the potato, then the onion, then the zucchini. Top the veggies with the sable fillets.
- Add the sauce and reduce the heat to medium and cover. Baste sablefish with the sauce every 3 mins for 12 mins.
- Turn heat back to high and reduce the sauce while continuing to baste.
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER REDUCE.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds and serve with rice and kimchi.