2 cups cooked rice
1 Tbs (1 Tbs) mirin
1/3 cup (80 mL) soy sauce
1 Tbs (15 mL) sesame oil
2 Tbs (30 mL) dark maple syrup
1 Tbs (15 mL) water
200g salmon, skin and bones removed and cut into bite-sized cubes
1 green onion
Black sesame seeds, to garnish
- Make 2 cups of cooked rice as per package direction or use leftovers and reheat.
- In a small pan over medium heat, add mirin, soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup and water. Bring to a boil and reduce to half and become thicker. Once the sauce has reduced, turn off the heat.
- Add salmon and let cook in the sauce’s residual heat, approximately 2 minutes. Turn the salmon to coat with the sauce.
- Toast black sesame seeds.
- In bowls or lunch containers, add rice, salmon, ½ avocado in each, and green onion. Drizzle with extra sauce and garnish with sesame seeds.