¾ tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, grated
¼ cup (60 mL) soy sauce or tamari
1 Tbs (15 mL) sesame oil
1 tsp (5 mL) mirin
116 g dry soba noodles
2 Tbs (30 mL) olive oil
¼ cup shiitake mushrooms
2 small bok choy
90 g cucumber, thinly sliced
1 green onion, thinly sliced
Sesame seeds and a drizzle of sesame oil for garnish
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and reserve.
- Cook soba noodles as per package directions.
- Sauté shiitake mushrooms in olive oil, 5 minutes. Add bok choy and let cook another 5 minutes.
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds for around 2 minutes in a dry frying pan.
- Place noodles in a bowl or your lunch container. Top with mushrooms, bok choy, cucumber, and pour the sauce overtop.
- Garnish with green onion, sesame seeds, and a drizzle of sesame oil.