Recipe courtesy of Cole Glendinning, Flower & Wolf
You’ll want leftovers, but Glendinning’s recipe for these bite-sized briskets will be gone in seconds!
½ cup salt
3 Tbs fresh ground black pepper
3 Tbs smoked paprika
2½ Tbs chili powder
1½ Tbs mustard powder
1½ Tbs dried thyme
680 g beef brisket
Splash of apple juice
1 white onion, sliced thinly
Little oil for sautéing
1 cup (250 mL) barbecue sauce
24 brioche or similar slider buns
½ cup + 2 Tbs (150 mL) mustard
48 pickled jalapeno slices
24 slices aged white cheddar
250 g arugula
- Combined all dry rub ingredients in mixing bowl, and rub brisket.
- Place in a smoker, barbecue, or oven for two hours at 220º F. Turn over and cook for another hour.
- Add a touch of apple juice, cover with foil and cook in oven for 3-4 more hours, or until fork tender.
- Cook onion slowly in a little oil over low heat to caramelize. While onion is caramelizing, pull apart brisket into pieces.
- Add your barbecue sauce to onions. Add brisket.
- To assembly sliders, smear bun with mustard. Add two slices of pickled jalapeno, cheese slice, brisket, and top with arugula.