This sauce is a great complement to grilled meats, zucchini and roasted potatoes.
1 cup (240 mL) white wine
1½ cups (360 mL) water
6 cups (1½ L) vegetable broth
3 garlic cloves
1 Tbs (15 mL) red wine vinegar
1 Tbs (15 mL) honey
6 sprigs fresh dill
8 medium carrots, very thinly sliced, mix of lengthwise and width-wise cuts
To taste salt and pepper
Fresh dill, for garnish
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
3 anchovy fillets
½ cup chopped carrot greens
2 Tbs capers
2 Tbs finely chopped fresh basil
2 Tbs finely chopped fresh mint
2 Tbs finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tps (10 mL) honey
2 tsp (10 mL) apple cider vinegar
4 Tbs (60 mL) olive oil
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
- Place first 7 ingredients in a pot and bring to a simmer on medium-high heat.
- Reduce to medium heat and let simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Pour soup through a fine mesh strainer into a large heat-safe bowl to remove garlic and dill. Return to pot, season to taste and add the sliced carrots.
- Let cook until carrots are al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- To serve, ladle out dill and carrot soup into bowls, top with spoonfuls of salsa verde, fresh dill and enjoy!
- Place first 9 ingredients in a food processor and pulse several times to combine.
- Transfer to bowl, stir in oil, salt and pepper; set aside until ready to serve soup.