Recipe courtesy chef Dominique Moussu
300 g raw Victoria Shrimp
100 g carrot, diced
100 g celery, diced
100 g yellow onion, diced
1 bunch asparagus, peeled and trimmed
100 g fiddlehead
100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 butter lettuce
50g red onion, diced
15mL Italian parsley
5 mL Dijon mustard
5 mL red wine vinegar
20 mL olive oil
10 mL sunflower oil
4 g fresh ginger, grated
- Cook the carrot, celery and yellow onion in olive oil on medium heat for 5 minutes without browning.
- Add raw shrimp in their shell, stir well and cover with a lid. Cook on low-medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the shrimp, peel and reserve.
- Bring salted water to a boil and cook the asparagus for 3 minutes. Cool quickly in ice water, drain and cut in small pieces. Reserve refrigerated until needed.
- Cook the fiddleheads in boiling water for 4 minutes. Cool in iced water, drain and reserve.
- To make the dressing, mix the mustard with the vinegar, then add the olive oil and sunflower oil. Add the fresh grated ginger.
- In a bowl, prepare the salad, by mixing together the butter lettuce, cherry tomatoes and red onion. Add dressing to taste, reserving the extra for further use.
- Divide the salad between 4 plates, add the peeled shrimp and sprinkle with minced parsley.