2 cups (480 mL) roasted pumpkin puree
6 cups (1.5 L) chicken stock
2 Tbs (30 mL) tomato paste
2½ tsp tandoori masala
3 cloves garlic
2.5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
½ cup (120 mL) white wine
1 Tbs (15 mL) apple cider vinegar
To taste salt and pepper
1 bunch fresh cilantro, washed, ends trims and roughly chopped
¼ cup (60 mL) water
1 Tbs (15 mL) honey
1 Tbs (15 mL) lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
approx ¼ cup (60 mL) canola oil
½ cup pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
- For the soup, place the first 6 ingredients in a large pot on medium to high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring well until everything is incorporated. Reduce to medium heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add white wine and apple cider vinegar and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove garlic cloves and ginger, season to taste with salt and pepper, and leave on low heat until ready to serve.
- For cilantro honey oil, place all ingredients except canola oil into a blender or food processor, and puree until very smooth.
- Slowly pour in the oil while continuing to puree until mixture emulsifies and lightens slightly in colour. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside until ready to assembly.
- Ladle soup out into bowls, top with a couple of spoons of cilantro honey oil and chopped pumpkin seeds, and serve immediately.