Have you always wanted to make Thai curry at home? Try out this simple and delicious recipe courtesy of chef Shefali Somani from Shef's Fiery Kitchen in Calgary.
2 Tbs (30 mL) vegetable oil
4 Tbs (60 mL) Thai green curry paste
1 can (400 mL) coconut milk
1 large potato, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
240 g chicken breast, thinly sliced
3 Kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces, discarding the stem
1 Tbs palm sugar (optional)
3 red bird’s eye chilies, cut in half diagonally
2 Tbs (30 mL) fish sauce
Juice of 1 lime
½ bunch fresh coriander leaves, pureed
1 Tbs Thai basil leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil on medium high, and then add the green curry paste and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for a minute, then add the potatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chicken, and simmer till the potatoes and chicken are both done.
- In the meantime, purée the coriander leaves with the fish sauce and lime juice, adding a little water if needed.
- Add the Kaffir lime leaves, palm sugar, chilies, and coriander purée to the pot, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve on coconut rice, garnished with fresh Thai basil leaves.