3 small roasted red peppers, skin and seeds removed
1 medium sweet potato
1 tsp chopped thyme
4 Tbs (60 mL) garlic oil
1 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice vegetables thinly on a mandolin.
- Toss into a mixing bowl with garlic oil and season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Layer in a buttered casserole dish lined with parchment paper on the bottom. Start with the sweet potatoes, followed by zucchini, carrot, and then eggplant. Save the red pepper for the top.
- In between each layer, sprinkle some shredded Parmesan. Repeat these steps until all the vegetables have been used up. Top with red pepper.
- Cover with parchment paper and foil, and bake for one hour or until tender when pierced with a skewer.
Optional: Remove foil and place another casserole dish on top of the pavé and weight down with a moderately heavy weight, and then place in fridge to completely cool. Once cooled, run a knife round the edge of the pavé and turn out on to a chopping board. Cut desired portion size and reheat on a baking tray lined with parchment.