1/4 cup (60 mL) sweet white wine
3/4 cup (180 mL) grainy yellow mustard
1 tsp salt
1.8 Kg French-cut racks of lamb, in chops
4 cups (1 L) whipping cream
1 Tbs salt
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 Tbs dried green fenugreek leaves
¼ cup (60 mL) lemon juice
¼ cup (60 mL) canola oil
3 Tbs finely chopped garlic
1 tsp turmeric
- Combine wine, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add lamb and coat well with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- For curry sauce, in a large bowl, combine cream, salt, paprika, cayenne, fenugreek leaves and lemon juice.
- Heat 3 to 4 Tbs of oil in a medium pot on medium heat and sauté garlic until golden. Stir in turmeric and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cream mixture and cook on low to medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Finish lamb by preheating a stove-top cast iron grill or barbeque to high heat. Place on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve hot off the grill. Place 4 to 5 lamb chops on each plate. Pour the cream curry over the meat or ladle it into a small bowl to use as a dipping sauce.