Recipe and photo courtesy of Dairy Farmer's of Canada. For more recipes, click here.
½ lb (225 g) beef strip loin
1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
1 tbsp (15 mL) mirin
2 tsp (10 mL) ground ginger
2 green onions, chopped, divided
24 wonton wrappers
1 tbsp (15 mL) melted butter, divided
1 tsp (5 mL) prepared wasabi
⅓ cup (75 mL) Canadian Mascarpone
1 tbsp (15 mL) mixed sesame seeds, (black and white, toasted)
- Marinate strip loin in soy sauce, mirin, ginger, and half the green onions for at least one hour.
- Brush wonton wrappers with some melted butter. Cut each one in two, diagonally. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 5–7 minutes or until wontons are golden. Let cool.
- Mix wasabi and Mascarpone. Season with salt to taste and chill.
- Add the remaining butter to a hot skillet and sear the steak for two minutes on each side, depending on its thickness and desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing. If not served immediately, the steak must be refrigerated.
- To serve, top crispy wontons with wasabi Mascarpone, some steak, remaining green onions and sesame seeds.